From Justin Mclean <justinmcl...@me.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT][IP Clearance] Flex Documentation for Apache Flex
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 22:47:31 GMT
Hi,

>  "Adobe Legal says we can fix trademark attributions after committing”

By fix did they mean remove them all or add missing trademarks? What exactly was the advice
they gave?

Given the discussion took place off list and the Flex PMC was not involved in this donation
I have no way of knowing what their advice was. The general rule of thumb is If it did't happen
on list it did’t happen. Feel free to forward me their email, or even better forward  to
the Incubator or Flex private lists, to provide clarity. That way it is also documented so
that if an potential issues does come we can point to that.

Removing them may be the safer course of action and would take little time, and that's exactly
what Flex has done with previous donations.

> I guess I don’t understand why I need to go challenge the advice of the
> Adobe legal staff.

I'm not asking you to challenge it. I'm asking that you make sure we have permission to use
those trademarks in the donation or consider removing them. There would a reason Adobe decided
not to use the standard disclaimer and that’s my concern, and their wording seems to suggest
that we don’t have permission to use them.

Thanks,
Justin