From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Commons RDF to join the Apache Incubator
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2015 19:21:56 GMT
Hi Marvin,

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 10:17 PM, <general-digest-help@incubator.apache.org>
wrote:

> Awesome!
>
> These days, the Sponsoring Entity is rarely anything other than the
> Incubator.
> It means that a TLP other than the Incubator has voted to take charge of
> incubating the project, supervising mentoring and monitoring progress.
>

> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html#template-sponsoring-entity
>
> If the Any23 PMC has such plans, let's talk -- otherwise, it's great to
> see this proposal receive support from members of the Any23 community!

The latter was my intention, e.g. to just get people motivated.
Cross-dissemination of work efforts within the Incubator is a strength of
the project.

> There is some question as to whether you're also signing on to be a Mentor
> in
> addition to taking the Champion role, Lewis.  The proposal wiki page
> changed
> several times this morning but currently lists you as both.  What's your
> status?

Champion. I changed last night Marvin.

> I feel like one more formal Incubator Mentor besides Rob Vesse would make
> this
> a very strong proposal.  Rob is extremely capable, but a first-time Mentor
> shouldn't have to be the only one listed and the community has related that
> giving outsiders formal roles will help them in their outreach to other RDF
> projects.

I suppose that this is down to the discretion of IPMC. I shadown your
comments, this looks like a strong team and I am very keen to see things
kick off here.

Thanks
Lewis