From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Kalumet: is it ready to graduate?
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2014 18:26:33 GMT
On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 4:11 AM, John D. Ament <john.d.ament@gmail.com> wrote:
> Roman,
>
> Personally, from reading through Kalumet's status and looking at their
> mailing lists, no I don't think they're quite ready to graduate.
>
> - Long time since last release.
> - Currently had many issues with packaging files in next release.
> - It looks like it's mostly a 1-2 man show.
>
> When I pinged them over their board report to make sure I wasn't a
> graduation proposal, I was told by JB that no, they weren't ready to
> graduate.

This is a useful datapoint. Once again, I'm concerned that they
will be entering their 4th year of incubation soon and it appears
that we don't quite understand how to help them graduate or
beef up the community.

Now, there's nothing wrong with small communities graduating
(Celix is a good example of that) but there *has* to be a path
beyond the current state.

Would we, collectively, agree that this is something that we need
to hold Kalumet's mentor community accountable for?

Thanks,
Roman.