From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Statements from Qpid mentors would help me decide... [WAS Re: [VOTE] Apache Qpid Graduation as TLP]
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:53:44 GMT
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 12:44 PM, Robert Greig <robert.j.greig@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25/03/2008, Robert Greig <robert.j.greig@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  > > Let's drop the "legally" qualifier from independent... this isn't the IRS
:-)

>  In that case I would claim that I am also independent. Although I work
>  for JPMC I am not paid to work on the Qpid project and all my
>  contributions for the last 14 months have been in my own time. As
>  anyone can see from my public LinkedIn profile, I am an architect for
>  the cash equities business.

That's cool.  I'd much rather have people put it all out there and let
others decide (full disclosure).  Intersecting affiliations should be
disclosed IMO.  Doesn't matter what that affiliation is... working for
part time, full time, indirectly, an indirect client of, working on
site, whatever.

The whole secrecy thing is strange.  Is Rupert one of those guys who
can't reveal his affiliations (including people he works with and end
clients, not just middle-men)?

-Yonik