From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Confluence Based Website Access Control
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 01:47:16 GMT
Martijn Dashorst wrote:

> > The policy on wikis is ASF-wide. I don't believe any separate Incubator
> > policy is required.

> However, incubator is special in this regard. Adding committers and
> PPMC members needs to go through the IPMC.

How does that make the Incubator special?  If you stop typing IPMC, and call
it what it is: *the* PMC, you remove the "specialness."  The Incubator is
like other projects: *the* PMC makes the decisions, as documented in the ASF
Bylaws.  The PPMC is the "special" thing, but has no standing outside of the
Incubator, and requires *the* PMC to "ratify" (loosely speaking) whatever it
does.

	--- Noel