From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Confluence Based Website Access Control
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 02:02:23 GMT
Craig Russell wrote:
> we close that particular documentation loophole and have everyone
> understand the "official project assets" rule.

I don't disagree.  And the documentation ought to speak as much to purpose
and intent as technique.  When we focus on technique, as technology
changes, intent may be violated because the technology no longer matches
the specific process described.

> Just so I'm clear, you are proposing that the responsible PMC *must*
> hold a *Confluence web site write access* vote for any CLA-holding
> Confluence user before granting them access to the Confluence site?

Just as we don't open up documentation trees in source control to the
general public, when Confluence is used as the editor for the project's
site, then the same asset management that applies to assets in source
control applies to Confluence.  The people committing documentation for
the project are no different from folks committing documentation to source
control in projects that have not adopted Confluence as their editor.

	--- Noel