From "Martijn Dashorst" <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Statements from Qpid mentors would help me decide... [WAS Re: [VOTE] Apache Qpid Graduation as TLP]
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:23:11 GMT
No, committers *don't* have binding votes:

Binding Votes

Who is permitted to vote is, to some extent, a community-specific
thing. However, the basic rule is that only PMC members have binding
votes, and all others are either discouraged from voting (to keep the
noise down) or else have their votes considered of an indicative or
advisory nature only.

That's the general rule. In actual fact, things tend to be a little
looser, and procedural votes from developers and committers are
sometimes considered binding if the voter has acquired enough merit
and respect in the community. Only votes by PMC members are considered
binding on code-modification issues, however.

Martijn

Apache Wicket 1.3.2 is released
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.2