From "Martijn Dashorst" <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Statements from Qpid mentors would help me decide... [WAS Re: [VOTE] Apache Qpid Graduation as TLP]
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:21:45 GMT
On 3/25/08, Aidan Skinner <aidan@apache.org> wrote:
> I was under the impression that it was the committership that was
>  looked at, not the PPMC. Am I misreading "The project is not highly
>  dependent on any single contributor (there are at least 3 legally
>  independent committers and there is no single company or entity that
>  is vital to the success of the project)" from
>  http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html ?

The only folks that have a binding vote and therefore an absolute say
in the future and direction of the project are the PMC members.
therefore it is absolutely necessary that the PMC is diverse. A
non-diverse PMC can block entry to the project, or decide whether or
not to implement a feature, blocking the interests of other parties in
the wider community.

Martijn
Apache Wicket 1.3.2 is released
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.2