From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve release CXF 2.0.5-incubator
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 21:15:26 GMT
On 26/03/2008, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

>  We held a vote on cxf-dev to release a new version of CXF. This version
>  is pretty much just a big "bug fix rollup" compared to 2.0.4 fixing over
>  30 JIRA issues reported by users,  one of which is a security issue.
>
>  For a full list of the issues, see:
>  https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12312931&styleName=Html&projectId=12310511&Create=Create
>
>  The vote thread is at:
>  http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--Release-CXF-2.0.5-incubator-to16207118.html
>
>  In summary, we have 12 +1 votes,  no 0 or -1 votes.  Three of the votes
>  are from IPMC folks and are thus binding (jim, bsnyder, and gnodet).
>
>  The staging area is at:
>  http://people.apache.org/~dkulp/stage_cxf/2.0.5-incubator

The binary jar contains lots of non-CXF jars in the lib directory;
these should probably be dropped and listed as external dependencies.

Typo in LICENSE file in binary zip: "librarie"  should be "libraries"

The CXF jar manifests should really include source and target Java versions.

The CXF jars contain the file DEPENDENCIES in META-INF - this seems
out of place.
Also the DEPENDENCIES contents still refer to jakarta for some commons
modules, and  'Apache Software Foundation' => 'The Apache Software
Foundation'

>  The distributions are in the "dist" directory. The "m2repo" directory
>  contains the stuff that will by pushed to the m2-incubating-repository.
>
>  This release is tagged at:
>  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/tags/cxf-2.0.5-incubator/

-1: there should be NOTICE and LICENSE files at the top level in SVN.

-1: SVN and the source archive don't agree; there are files and
directories in each that are not in the other.

There are lots of files incorrectly marked as executable in SVN, and
various other files don't have the correct properties. See attached
script.