From "Robert Greig" <robert.j.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Community diversity (again)
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 00:03:31 GMT
I think this is an important topic for future incubator project groups
to have clarified.

> "The project is not highly dependent on any single contributor (there are at
> least 3 legally independent committers and there is no single company or
> entity that is vital to the success of the project)"

Perhaps the word "legally" needs to be removed since from the Qpid
discussion it would appear that several people do not think a strict
legal interpretation should apply?

However, given that the intent (as I understand it) is to avoid the
case where a project dies because one entity withdraws funding,
perhaps some definition along the lines of "for people who are paid to
contribute to the project, no single entity remunerates more than 50%
of the committers"?

Robert