incubator-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Steven Noels <>
Subject Re: Issues with XMLBeans proposal
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2003 07:44:08 GMT
On 4/07/2003 5:48 wrote:

> Out of curiosity - does it have to be decided now?

I guess not, if some actual people are willing to help XMLBeans out
during incubation, setting up CVS, lists and all that, and monitor how
they are doing - so that they can inform the eventually receiving PMC on
the Apachiness of the incubating project.

A clear sense direction might of course help, especially w.r.t.
infrastructure - in a sense that CVS repos don't need to be moved, lists
recreated and all that. Cfr. Lenya's incubation, which is still in
progress, but already they have been made an integral part of the Cocoon
project infrastructure. Less fuzz afterwards, and if incubation fails,
deletion is still a no-brainer.

> If there is a general feeling from the two PMCs that they would be
> comfortable, then maybe we both sponsor into the incubator and give
> the committers time to migrate everything to Apache.  Presumably in
> that time they are also getting used to Apache and can develop an
> understanding of where they feel their project fits best.

Not jumping to any conclusion, I'm very happy to see a positive and
constructive discussion happening. Thanks, all.

Steven Noels                  
Outerthought - Open Source, Java & XML Competence Support Center
Read my weblog at  
stevenn at                stevenn at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message