groovy-users mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Potential removal of JAXB un/marshal extension methods in Groovy 4
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2021 06:14:30 GMT
Hi folks,

We have 4 JAXB extension methods which offer a very small enhancement over
the built-in JAXB methods. The way these are packaged causes increased
complexity in JDK9+ environments which even today doesn't seem to be
handled well by IDEs such as JetBrains' IDEA. Weighing up the minimal value
those methods add vs the complexities they burden us with, I am thinking of
removing those methods in Groovy 4. Does anyone have objections?

The groovy-jaxb jar from Groovy 3 will likely remain compatible with Groovy
4 for those that still wish this functionality but folks would need to
explicitly add that as a dependency. Feedback welcome.

Cheers, Paul.