groovy-users mailing list archives

From Daniil Ovchinnikov <daniil.ovchinni...@jetbrains.com>
Subject Re: How to generate groovydoc?
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2020 16:41:56 GMT
> The info is a little outdated

I hope I’m not being misunderstood. Currently we bundle Groovy 2.5.11 into IntelliJ, and
I’m only saying that the "Generate Groovydoc” action would’ve failed if run against
the Groovy source files which use Groovy 3 features.

—

Daniil Ovchinnikov
JetBrains

> On 31 Jul 2020, at 08:36, Paul King <paulk@asert.com.au> wrote:
>
> It is still used by groovydoc and other places like docgenerator via:
>     org/codehaus/groovy/tools/shell/util/Logger.java
> though we should probably look at removing it from such places.
>
> The info in https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-80697#focus=Comments-27-3935496.0-0
> is a little outdated in that groovydoc with Groovy 3 handles lambdas etc. since it uses
JavaParser for Java files rather than via the old Java2Groovy mechanism.

> Cheers, Paul.
>

> On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 1:14 PM Keegan Witt <keeganwitt@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think we can close that Jira.  Only groovysh uses Jansi anymore I believe.  It's no
longer referenced in groovydoc.

date last I knew and covers how to invoke groovydoc from the command line.  http://groovy-lang.org/groovydoc.html

> Alternatively, you could make a small Gradle, Maven, or Ant file to run it for you as
others have suggested.

> -Keegan
>
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 1:15 PM Daniil Ovchinnikov <daniil.ovchinnikov@jetbrains.com>
wrote:
> For more info see https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-80697#focus=Comments-27-3935496.0-0
>
> —
>
> Daniil Ovchinnikov
> JetBrains
>
> > On 30 Jul 2020, at 20:10, Fernando Franzini <fernandofranzini@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Keith
> >
> > What version of IntelliJ are you using?
> > 2020.xx
> >
> > The option to generate Groovydoc is still there for me in 2020.1 Ultimate.
> > Where? Which menu?
> >
> > Att,
> >
> > Fernando Franzini - Blog
> >

> > Em qui., 30 de jul. de 2020 às 13:42, Keith Suderman <suderman@cs.vassar.edu>
escreveu:
> > What version of IntelliJ are you using?  The option to generate Groovydoc is still
there for me in 2020.1 Ultimate.

> > If you are not using a build tool like Gradle or Maven then you can also generate
documentation with the groovydoc command:

> > $> groovydoc -sourcepath=./src/main/groovy -d output com.example
> >
> > This will generate the GroovyDoc for the package com.example, assumes your source
code is in ./src/main/groovy, and writes the HTML files to a directory named "output".

> > Cheers,
> > Keith
> >

> >> On Jul 30, 2020, at 8:42 AM, Fernando Franzini <fernandofranzini@gmail.com>
wrote:

> >> Hi Paul
> >>
> >> I paid intelliJ ultimate and the option to generate groovydoc has been removed,
so I need to generate it manually.
> >> Do you recommend any article or documentation with groovy 3.x?
> >>
> >> Regards.
> >> Att,
> >>
> >> Fernando Franzini - Blog
> >>

> >> Em qui., 30 de jul. de 2020 às 09:00, Paul King <paulk@asert.com.au>
escreveu:
> >> There is the groovydoc command from the commandline but you'll likely want to
use the groovydoc integration from your build tool of choice.