What version of IntelliJ are you using?  The option to generate Groovydoc is still there for me in 2020.1 Ultimate.

If you are not using a build tool like Gradle or Maven then you can also generate documentation with the groovydoc command:

$> groovydoc -sourcepath=./src/main/groovy -d output com.example

This will generate the GroovyDoc for the package com.example, assumes your source code is in ./src/main/groovy, and writes the HTML files to a directory named "output".

Cheers,
Keith