groovy-users mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: Java fails because groovy modules are exporting the same package to another module
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2020 05:20:19 GMT
TL;DR version: Groovy 3 doesn't support using the multiple Groovy jars as
automatic modules. I'd recommend placing them on the classpath.

More details:
Groovy prior to 3 had numerous jars with classes having common package
names, e.g. "groovy.util". Groovy 3 has repackaged all such offending
classes but retained deprecated original packages for backwards
compatibility. If you only use the newer versions of those classes, you
could do extra work to explicitly declare modules and export only the
non-offending packages but we don't currently do that for you. Groovy 4 has
only the new package names and so will be module friendly out of the box
but no longer backwards compatible.

Cheers, Paul.