it used to get pretty handy in C; agreed that there's a little point for Groovy but for perhaps some legacy stuff (which is also how I have happened to bump into that).

Thanks and all the best,
OC

On 6 Aug 2018, at 5:11 PM, mg <mgbiz@arscreat.com> wrote:

2.5.x does not use the new Parrot parser afaik, the upcoming 3.x and its now dormant 2.6.x JDK 7 backport do.

(apart from that: Agree, never used that syntax in any language, never missed it in Groovy due to functional constructs)

Von: "Nelson, Erick" <Erick.Nelson@hdsupply.com>
Datum: 06.08.18 15:10 (GMT+00:00)
Betreff: Re: multi-declaration does not work in the for loop, groovy 2.4

Same in 2.5.1 from eclipse photon…

org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:

/Users/en032339/Documents/workspace3/script6/src/erick/erick.groovy: 6: unexpected token: = @ line 6, column 14.

   for (int foo = 0, bar = 0; foo<bar ; foo++ ) {

                ^

1 error

…although I’ve never run into this before. Too many groovier ways to do loops in groovy.