Daniel,

Like the others, I ran into a similar error

Failure to find org.codehaus.groovy:groovy-all:jar:2.5.0 in https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]

I am also using IntelliJ IDEA.  And, like you I receive the error from the command line.  Once I include <type>pom</type> it worked.