On 31/05/2018 09:26, Paolo Di Tommaso wrote:
The NIO api can be very annoying.

Hover I think here the problem is that Paths.get(<string path>) is designed to only return default file (local) system path objects.

Instead Paths.get(<URI>) allows the automatic creation of a new file system as stated by the documentation

Throws
FileSystemNotFoundException - The file system, identified by the URI, does not exist and cannot be created *automatically*, or the provider identified by the URI's scheme component is not installed

However is role of FileSystemProvider implementation to automatically create a new file system if does not exist and, I think, the ZipFileSystemProvider is not doing that.

You are correct. It is my typo in the code and a common mistake that is made. The code should read:

Paths.get('gz:/path/to/compressed.gz'.toURI())

--
Schalk W. Cronjé
Twitter / Ello / Toeter : @ysb33r