groovy-users mailing list archives

From Merlin Beedell <MBeed...@cryoserver.com>
Subject RE: Use of SystemOutputInterceptor with different groovy versions
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2017 11:50:09 GMT
Perfect – that works a treat.  I thought I needed to overload the closure – specifying
2 closures, one with 1 parameter and another with 2. But I don’t think that is possible.
 Your solution is simple and effective – and now I can see how to use varags too.

I use it an all my critical scripts, as it is so useful.  It replicates the ‘tee’ command
in Linux.
We do not use many bash or bat scripts any more, just groovy scripts. And now they get logged
to file and screen when they run without any fancy loggers.

I don’t know if [the apache groovy dev team] might modify the documentation accordingly
for this (and any other class) to cater for different Groovy versions.

Merlin

From: Paul King [mailto:paulk@asert.com.au]
Sent: 10 November 2017 01:06
To: users@groovy.apache.org
Subject: Re: Use of SystemOutputInterceptor with different groovy versions

I guess we regarded that class as somewhat internal when we made that change. You could use:

myLogger = new SystemOutputInterceptor({
  Object... args -> logOutput << args[-1]; logOutput.flush(); true
})

Cheers, Paul.

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 4:15 AM, Merlin Beedell <MBeedell@cryoserver.com<mailto:MBeedell@cryoserver.com>>