How about

if (!doSomething()) return false

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 7:00 AM, Guy Matz <guymatz@gmail.com> wrote:
Right!  This is what I'm trying to do, but in a more concise way . . .  any thoughts anyone?

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 8:43 PM, J. David Beutel <list@getsu.com> wrote:
I guess OP wants to do:

if (!doSomething()) {
    return false
}

I don't know any groovy way to do that, though.

On 2017-07-17 15:21 , John Wagenleitner wrote:
Since the `||` operator expects an expression a return statement is not valid there.  If the goal is to call the method `doSomething()` and then return false, then both can be put on separate lines or a semicolon can be used to separate the statements to keep it a one-liner, e.g., `doSomething(); return false`.