That is not a valid start of an expression which is expected for the binary expression (expr || expr) so that's why it wont compile. I am not familiar with Scriptler and it is hard to tell without some more context, but how about just:

doSomething()

You can simplify by dropping the `|| false`.  If that's the last line in a boolean returning method/context it will return true if doSomething() returns a non-null/non-zero/non-false value, else false.  Otherwise you could coerce the value to a boolean with:

doSomething() as boolean