groovy-users mailing list archives

From Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>
Subject Re: groovy.sql Documentation and the doco process
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 10:26:43 GMT

Can you confirm the link you are using? Also which browser/os are you using? The link you
gave in your earlier message looks okay to me.

Cheers, Paul.

<mailto:me@duncan.dickinson.name>> wrote:

>>         Hi All,
>>
>>         I noticed that the "Working with a relational database" section of the documentation
is empty: <http://docs.groovy-lang.org/latest/html/documentation/databases.html>http://docs.groovy-lang.org/latest/html/documentation/databases.html
. However there does appear to be doco in <https://github.com/groovy/groovy-core/blob/master/subprojects/groovy-sql/src/spec/doc/sql-userguide.adoc>https://github.com/groovy/groovy-core/blob/master/subprojects/groovy-sql/src/spec/doc/sql-userguide.adoc
- is this something just awaiting the next website refresh?

>>         I was thinking that I could add to the documentation so read up on Peter
L's how-to blog post. It all looks straight forward but I'm keen not to start something that's
already being worked on - hence this email to check status.

>>         Lastly, there doesn't appear to be a process around co-ordinating documentation
aside from people tagging the document they're working on. I was wondering if the Jira "Documentation"
component* couldn't be used to a greater extent. Essentially we'd likely have 2 types of tickets
- a bug for errors/typos/etc and a task for new/modifying doco. Perhaps a Lead for the component
may also be useful.

>>         This would mean that people could allocate themsleves a ticket and keep it
updated to let people know that it's actively being worked on.

>>         Lastly, I assume that the Apache 2 licence covers the documentation...
>>
>>         * https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GROOVY/component/12326646/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:component-summary-panel
>>
>>         Cheers,
>>
>>         Duncan

---