I think so.
I hadn't considered kafka retention, however it might not have enough precision for this purpose if you want accurate expiry dates

On 15 April 2016 at 13:27, Ronald van de Kuil <ronald.van.de.kuil@gmail.com> wrote:
I see, so there could be a channel that is routed to if some header matches (the priority lane), and if there is a nomatch then it would route to the default channel. And if I would need more then I would need to make a code mod, right?

That would depend on the channel.
AFAIK, all the channels provided are FIFO without expiration but technically you could implement a channel that does that.

You could achieve some priority management using multiplexing.

Gonzalo