Hello,

We are using Flume in our prod env to ingest data. A while back, we decided to extend the functionality and added kafka for real time monitoring.
So, the Flume Source forks off and deposits the data into two separate channels ,one if HDFS(required mapping) and other is Kafka(optional mapping). We have made the KafkaChannels as optional selector mapping so that any issue with Kafka should not block the HDFS pipeline.
However, I have noticed this never happens. Any issue with Kafka cluster eventually also brings down the HDFS ingestion. So, my question is that either Optional Channel Mapping in flume src code does not works correctly OR kafka-sink/kafka cluster  I am using is outdated ? Any inputs will be appreciated.

Env:

- Kushal