From: Jeff Lord <jlord@cloudera.com>
To: "user@flume.apache.org" <user@flume.apache.org>; Marina <ppine7@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, March 9, 2015 11:17 AM
Subject: Re: MalformedInputException processing logs from Varnish server

Hi Marina,

Do you have a sample of the characters/data which you believe to be causing this?
Can you just confirm you are using apache version of flume or a specific distro?
Also in your message you mention that you are using tail -f which would be the exec source but the stack trace looks like you are actually using the spooldir source.

Best,

Jeff