flume-user mailing list archives

From Madhu Gmail <madhu.munag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data in File-channel data folder
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2013 19:13:13 GMT
Hello,

I have not heard from anyone.  so just want make sure I have explained the issue correctly.

I think this is a common problem for everyone who uses it flume.

when flume sink consumes the log event from file channel,  what will happen to the data that
is committed to local disk under data directory.

will it grow indefinitely  like log-1, log-2, log-3.....and so on ???

do I have to write script to remove the data from data directory  ??

Madhu  Munagala
(214)679-2872

On Apr 11, 2013, at 11:52 AM, Madhu Gmail <madhu.munagala@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> How to clean up the data  in file channel data folder.  After the log events are processed
by the sink,  I still see the log-1 and log-2 shows 1.6GB and 1.2GB.

> once the log events are processed by the sink,  the channel should not have any data
in data directory under file-channel ....??