flume-user mailing list archives

From Nitin Pawar <nitinpawar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: multiple agents
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 08:48:20 GMT
you can have the conf in  same file.

when you start the agent you give the name of agent and start it.
you can always start a process in background in linux with &

This does not hamper any performance as long as I know but experts may
point out if I am wrong

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 7:09 AM, Ashutoshsharma(오픈플랫폼개발팀) <
sharma.ashutosh@kt.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> I have sources to collect multiple types of logs(mainly three types). Most
> of them generate at least two types of logs. That mean, a server generates
> two types of log. For my use case, I created two separate agents running on
> a server to collect the logs. I am running these agents in foreground using
> "flume-ng agent -n agent1" command, so two flume process.
>

> Now, I have doubt, should I merge these two agents configuration into
> single flume.conf file? If I want to continue to use two different conf
> file, then how can I run the two agents in background? Is there any known
> performance issue with any of these approaches?
>

> Please share your suggestions and thoughts.

> Thanks & Regards,
>
> Ashutosh Sharma

> 이 메일은 지정된 수취인만을 위해 작성되었으며, 중요한 정보나
저작권을 포함하고 있을 수 있습니다. 어떠한 권한 없이, 본 문서에