flume-user mailing list archives

From Hari Shreedharan <hshreedha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Syslog Infrastructure with Flume
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 22:52:54 GMT
Ok. I am not aware of what is happening in the Hive community. I'd just like to make sure that
any effort that we put into getting stuff into Flume should be useful to as large a community
as possible - in this case, that is the Hive community.

Thanks,
Hari

--
Hari Shreedharan

On Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Roshan Naik wrote:

> Hari,
>    The way things are progressing... it appears that HCatalog would become part of Hive
and may not have an independent existence.  The final decision is not yet made but thats the
direction it seems to be heading. So what I am now referring to as a "HCatalog sink" could
be just considered as the "Hive/HCatalog sink" or just "Hive" sink.

> -roshan
>

> On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Hari Shreedharan <hshreedharan@cloudera.com (mailto:hshreedharan@cloudera.com)>
wrote:
> > Thanks Roshan. I understand that it makes it easier for us to use HCatalog - but
I am not sure what percentage of Hive users actually use HCat. If we simply use Hive directly,
we would be able to address a larger community - which I would definitely like (thought I
don't know how feasible it is). I think it might be better to use Hive directly at least to
make it more useful to a larger community.