flume-user mailing list archives

From Parag Hukeri <paraghuk...@yahoo.com>
Subject ExecSource tail -F stops after a while
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 18:15:43 GMT
Hi

I am using apache-flume-1.2.0. I have set up an ExecSource that tails a log file & gets
the entries from this log file. The log file size is approx 4 GB (approx 12 million lines
written over a period of 12 hrs). As the process starts everything seems to work fine for
approx 9.5 hrs. (approx 9.5 million lines of log data is successfully retrieved by ExecSource).
It then stops reading the output from tail. I don't see any exceptions being thrown. I don't
think the problem is with the actual tail command. I was able to successfully manually tail
the log file & all 12 million records were retrieved by tail. Running on a Linux system.
Not sure what the issue might be with ExecSource? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.