flume-user mailing list archives

From Eric Sammer <esam...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Starting to document metrics monitoring system in wiki.
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2011 02:14:08 GMT
Mike:

Are four letter words preferable to, say, REST? I think REST is nicer
(maybe with 4LW URLs and responses rather than JSON) from an
accessibility point of view. I don't see a reason we couldn't do it,
but it would be *great* to back away from the "everything by the
(kitchen?) sink" mindset in terms of features.

(I demand double lucky number one points for my sink pun. Yes, you're
welcome. ;))

Thanks!

--
Eric Sammer