flume-user mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@vafer.org>
Subject diskfailover
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 20:22:48 GMT
I am not sure I understand the semantics of the diskfailover decorator
correctly.

  { decorator(...) => { diskFailover(10000) => sink(...) }};

If the sink throws an exception, the diskFailover should store the
events to disk.
That seems to work fine. But what about retry and replaying the events
from disk?
I thought I saw that working in 0.9.1 ...not anymore in 0.9.4

Looking at the source I found that the diskFailover decorator supports
two arguments, maxMillis and checkMillis. Unfortunately it's also not
quite obvious what that means exactly.

I assume/hope one of them is the delay between retries?

Is that somewhere in the docs and I didn't find it?

cheers,
Torsten