flume-user mailing list archives

From Junxian Yan <junxian....@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: the rolling question for collector
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 04:04:09 GMT
Copy this question to new group

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Junxian Yan <junxian.yan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 12:47 AM
Subject: the rolling question for collector
To: Flume Users <flume-user@cloudera.org>

Hi Guys

Now I'm very confuse about the rolling setting on collector: *flume*.*
collector*.*roll*.*millis*
*
*
If I set it as 10mins, I think that means the collector will ask for a log
data update from agent every 10 mins, and if I setup a testing script to
continue to write log in a 1M/m speed, that means collector will write 10M
file into the target location.

But when I try to run the est, I found the fact is not as expected.
Collector will write log file eveRy 10mins, but the size of log file smaller
tham 10M.

So is there any other factor will effect the log writing.

I'm running flume in 100M LAN, the network should not be  a bottle neck and
all hard disk is SATA, the system IO should not be a bottle neck