flume-user mailing list archives

From Jonathan Hsieh <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Flume flume.master.savefile
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 22:24:41 GMT
[Please subscribe to new flume-user@incubator.apache.org list, bcc
flume-user@cloudera.org, cc flume-user@incubator.apache.org]

Prashanth,

Which mode is your master using?  If you are using any ZK mode the configs
should be persistent, and survive master restarts.

The flume.master.savefile is an old setting that doesn't support all the
things that the master now keeps track of.  It was used before the ZK
backend was added to the master.  It is still usable for basic
configrutions, and I believe only "auto-loads" when using memory backed
flume master (but I'd need to check -- its been a long time).

You could take the file that is created and execute a "exec load <filename>"
in the shell to read and load the configs from the file.

Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera