celix-dev mailing list archives

From Roy Lenferink <rlenfer...@apache.org>
Subject [LAZY] Send GitHub notifications to new notifications@ list (instead of dev@)
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2020 16:58:12 GMT
Hi all,

Currently all GitHub activity is sent to our dev@ list. I'd like to propose to change this
to a new
notifications@celix.apache.org list.

This way Celix contributors/watchers on our dev list won't be 'spammed' with all the ongoing
GitHub
traffic and for the people who still want to receive the GitHub notifications it is opt-in
to a separate
mailing list. It will also be easier to find actual (development related) discussions when
browsing
through the dev@celix.a.o messages on lists.apache.org [1]. Also, when already watching the
GitHub
repository notifications will be sent twice: once from GitHub, once from the dev list.

Lazy consensus will apply: no objections within the next 72 hours and I'll request the mailing
list.
Changing the notification scheme is self-serve via the .asf.yaml [2]

Best regards,
Roy

[1] https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@celix.apache.org
[2] https://s.apache.org/asfyaml-notify