ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Impact of Java SecurityManager being deprecated for removal post Java 17
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2021 09:53:13 GMT
On 2021-08-19, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> Hello Stefan,

> On 19/08/21 1:15 pm, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> At a cursory glance I only see JUnitTask and ExecuteJava deal with the
>> SecurityManager if permissions have been defined. Where else do we use
>> one?

> From what I see in the Java task code[1], the "execute()" method of
> that task calls, "checkConfiguration()"[2] method, which in a
> non-forked mode, creates a Permissions instance if no explicit
> permissions has been configured[3].

I only searched for SecurityManager :-) Thanks.

So we are using Ant's permissions system internally to preven
System.exit, I see. This is the stuff we will need to replace with
whatever is going to be the new API that prevents System.exit. Let's
hope all this is not going to become an ugly hack.

Stefan