ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jaikiran Pai <jaiki...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [External] : Re: JDK 17 is now in Rampdown Phase One
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2021 16:21:56 GMT

Hello Rory,

On 14/06/21 11:42 pm, Rory O'Donnell wrote:
> Many thanks Jaikiran for the analysis and the feedback to the
> security-dev mailing list !
> Do let us know about the final test failure ?

I had a look at this one in more detail. The failure is in one of our
javadoc related tests[1]. After looking into the details, this appeared
to be a genuine regression. So I raised this in the javadoc-dev mailing
list[2]. In that discussion it has been acknowledged as an intentional
change in this version of the JDK and not a bug. It did however expose
another bug for which a new JBS issue has been created[3]

The Ant project needs to do certain changes to take into account both
the security manager warnings and this change in behaviour of javadoc
tool. I'll create a separate Ant dev mailing list thread for that tomorrow.

[1]
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Ant/job/Ant%20Master%20(latest%20EA%20JDK)/jdk_axis=jdk17_ea,label_exp=ubuntu/74/testReport/junit/src.tests.antunit.taskdefs/javadoc-test_xml/testFailOnWarning/

[2]
https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/javadoc-dev/2021-June/003075.html