ant-dev mailing list archives

From Gilles Querret <g.quer...@riverside-software.fr>
Subject Re: Selectors not executed on Zipfileset
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2021 10:38:53 GMT
On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 1:03 PM Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> wrote:

> On 2021-03-08, Gilles Querret wrote:
>
> > I think I've found an issue with selectors which are not executed on
> > Zipfileset. Here is a very small test case to reproduce the issue:
>
> The selectors that can be nested directly into a fileset (and this into
> a zipfileset which inherits the behavior) are FileSelectors that can
> only be applied to real files. For non-File resources you'd need
> ResourceSelectors and they are not directly supported as nested elements
> of the zipfileset - rather you'd wrap the whole thing into a <restrict>
> container.

Thank you Stefan for the explanation ! I've used the <contains> selector in
this example, but my use case is in fact similar to the <different>
selector, where a comparison is done on both the source file and the target
file. I assume that this is not possible within the restrict element ?

Gilles
--
Gilles QUERRET

Riverside Software
91 chemin des églantiers • 69440 Taluyers • France
Mob : +33 662.525.532