ant-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Replace emma with jacoco?
Date Sun, 28 May 2017 22:58:09 GMT
Hi Gintautas

clover code-coverage has been around for 15 years..atlassian just contributed clover to Open
Source this year

https://www.atlassian.com/blog/announcements/atlassian-clover-open-source

Atlassian Clover is now open source - Atlassian Blog<https://www.atlassian.com/blog/announcements/atlassian-clover-open-source>
www.atlassian.com
All of this has lead to our decision to open source Clover, what we believe is the best way
to give Clover the focus and attention it deserves.

Atlassian published an ant taskdef here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/clover/6-ant-task-reference-71600066.html

6. Ant Task Reference - Atlassian Documentation<https://confluence.atlassian.com/clover/6-ant-task-reference-71600066.html>
confluence.atlassian.com
Can I create a Clover Report on Server A if I have the clover.db which I generated on Server
B? Does Clover depend on JUnit? Does Clover integrate with Maven?

emma hasnt been touched in 12 years so it seems to be retired?

http://emma.sourceforge.net/

EMMA: a free Java code coverage tool<http://emma.sourceforge.net/>
emma.sourceforge.net
EMMA can instrument classes for coverage either offline (before they are loaded) or on the
fly (using an instrumenting application classloader).

Emmas feature requests number 103 which nobody has addressed

https://sourceforge.net/p/emma/feature-requests/

EMMA code coverage / Feature Requests - sourceforge.net<https://sourceforge.net/p/emma/feature-requests/>
sourceforge.net
I agree to receive quotes, newsletters and other information from sourceforge.net and its
partners regarding IT services and products. I understand that I can ...

WDYT of Clover?

Martin