ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Ivy documentation with asciidoc
Date Wed, 31 May 2017 16:20:13 GMT

> Le 31 mai 2017 à 17:53, J Pai <jai.forums2013@gmail.com> a écrit :
>

> On 31-May-2017, at 9:02 PM, Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org <mailto:nicolas.lalevee@hibnet.org>>
wrote:

>> Le 31 mai 2017 à 15:34, J Pai <jai.forums2013@gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>> One thing I just noticed in the generated adoc files is that “external” links
that are part of the original xooki backed .html files are not being generated as links in
the converted adoc. To see a couple of example, take a look at this hibnet.org/tmp/ivy-asciidoc/index.html
page. The “Apache License” in this sentence:

>>> Ivy is open source and released under a very permissive Apache License.
>>>

>> and the “features” in :
>>
>>> Ivy has a lot of powerful features
>>
>> are actually link references in the original xooki backed docs of the form [[license
Apache License]] and [[features]].

>> It seems that xooki doesn’t generate links either:
>> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/index.html <http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/index.html>
<http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/index.html <http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/index.html>>

>> Probably the pointed pages have been deleted or moved and these links have not been
updated.

> I suspect it has to do with how/where those HTMLs got generated. Because in the latest-milestone
live ones, I see them as links on this page https://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/index.html
<https://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/index.html>

Good catch.
Then the links should be absolute since they are not referencing something within the doc.

Nicolas