ant-dev mailing list archives

From J Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com>
Subject Minimum Java runtime version for proposed upcoming Ivy release
Date Thu, 18 May 2017 08:58:19 GMT
Now that the plan seems to be to release 2.5.x of Ivy, would it be fine if we mandate the _minimum_
Java runtime version to be something higher than Java 5 that’s currently supported for 2.4.x
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/compatibility.html.

Given that Java 6 itself has long been EOLed, I’m not sure whether we should consider that
as minimum supported version or something higher. Any thoughts?

Things will be a bit more easy to develop and test once we finalize on the Java version.

-Jaikiran