ant-dev mailing list archives

From J Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com>
Subject Ivy - What roles do some of these (internal) resolution files play?
Date Sun, 21 May 2017 05:14:09 GMT
I’ve been going through some of the Ivy code recently and have a few related questions. Some
of my basic testing shows that a “resolve” of a module produces the following (internal)
files:

1. A resolution report, in the form of XML, per configuration of the module, in the form of
detail about the (dependency) resolution of that module including where the artifacts reside
etc…

which essentially is a ivy.xml of the module. This is similar to the file that resides in
the Ivy cache for that module.

(ex: resolved-foo-bar-1.0.properties).

I see that the properties file does get used in some places, but haven’t fully grasped the
details about it. When is it really used and what exact role does it play? Same question with
the XML file in #2.

From what I see the resolution report per configuration of the module (the #1) has all the
necessary information about the resolution. Would it not be enough for any kind of post-resolution
activities? In other words, internally, can it be used exclusively (as a single source of
truth) without the need of the files in #2 and #3?

-Jaikiran