ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Minimum Java runtime version for proposed upcoming Ivy release
Date Thu, 18 May 2017 09:14:14 GMT
I think that upgrading the requirement on the JDK is a good idea, because at least us, the
maintainers, need at some point to be able to test it if there is an issue with that minimum
JDK.

One thing to consider is which JDK is being required in the environment Ivy is being used:
Ant, Gradle, SBT, Eclipse, Intellij… We shouldn’t require too high.

Nicolas

> Le 18 mai 2017 à 10:58, J Pai <jai.forums2013@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> Now that the plan seems to be to release 2.5.x of Ivy, would it be fine if we mandate
the _minimum_ Java runtime version to be something higher than Java 5 that’s currently supported
for 2.4.x http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/compatibility.html.

> Given that Java 6 itself has long been EOLed, I’m not sure whether we should consider
that as minimum supported version or something higher. Any thoughts?