ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas Lalevée <nicolas.lale...@hibnet.org>
Subject Re: Ivy - BasicURLHandler ignoring timeout during connection?
Date Sat, 20 May 2017 09:46:04 GMT
I don’t know the history of that code, it probably is older that its incubation into Apache.
But from what I can read, I think that timeout was introduced but just supported by one implementation
of URLHandler: the HttpClient one, HttpClientHandler.

Proper support in the BasicURLHandler will probably be welcomed.

Note though that a quick search in the call hierarchy shows that is is not used anywhere other
than in IBiblioHelper.

So a proper support for timeout will probably require to propagate a timeout value up to the
ivy settings, while declaring resolvers. And as you pointed, better semantic would need to
be defined. Probably two kind of timeout should be defined.

Nicolas

> Le 19 mai 2017 à 16:10, J Pai <jai.forums2013@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> I was looking at some timing issues in test cases and noticed that the BasicURLHandler.getURLInfo
with a timeout[1] seems to be ignoring that timeout completely. Am I missing something or
is it just a oversight/bug? Furthermore, the javadoc of URLHandler.getURLInfo doesn’t tell
much about what the timeout is about. I’m guessing it’s a connect timeout? Is the intention
to use to same for (socket) read timeout too?