ant-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Duffy <char...@dyfis.net>
Subject Reconsidering IVY-1454
Date Thu, 26 Dec 2013 22:38:47 GMT
Howdy, all --

I've been seeing race conditions around mutating methods in IvySettings
resulting in occasional NPEs during IVY-1454 regression testing. We're also
getting issues with ConcurrentModificationExceptions from the logger stack
-- which it seems to me we'd need to move the loggers into thread-local
storage to resolve.

Frankly, there's enough side-effecting code throughout the codebase that
I'm uncomfortable only patching the immediately visible issues. What are
folks' thoughts on putting a big lock around the resolve task, and/or
documenting loudly that Ivy is not supported for concurrent use?