From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org>
To: dev@ant.apache.org
Date: 11/11/2008 06:26 AM
Subject: EasyAnt phases

Hi all,

EasyAnt has a concept named "phase" which is some special sort of
target.  The main differences:

* is always empty

* its depends list is open for other targets to modify, i.e. targets
 may add themselves as dependencies to a phase.

It has been suggested to rename "phase" to "target-group".

Without going into implementation details, do we want to add the
concept itself to Ant's core?

If we don't I'll volunteer to help the EasyAnt people to hook the
concept into Ant without patching Ant itself.

Stefan