ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Seeking feedback on possible macrodef augmentation
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 15:41:41 GMT
It strikes me that we don't have a utility to
declaratively build custom conditions from others;
macrodef would seem the obvious choice for, e.g.:

<macrodef name="isEmptyFile">
  <attribute name="file" />
  <sequential>
    <and>
      <available file="@{file}" type="file" />
      <length file="@{file}" length="0" />
    </and>
  </sequential>
</macrodef>

But the result amounts to a Task: executable, but
unavailable for use where conditions would be
available.

Would it make sense to allow this by allowing a nested
<condition> as an alternative to <sequential>?  Then
cloning the MacroInstance class to MacroCondition
implements Condition, for use when <condition> is
specified?  Cloning the entire MacroDef/MacroInstance
family to have an entirely new task feels a little
extreme to me here...

Alternative suggestions?

TIA,
Matt