ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Use of reflection in DirectoryScanner to remove duplicated code
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 03:54:49 GMT
On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Kev Jackson <foamdino@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Stefan, (and other interested devs)
>
> For additional testing I've created a directory/file structure like
>
> 1/
>    1 2/
>     2 3/
>      3 4/

so much effort ...

> ie a single file under a directory, the tree is 1038+ layers deep
> and there is no difference between the original time taken by the
> DirectoryScanner code and the modified code

I assume you tried some combinations of include/excludes.  Dominique
used to have a big tree where any change to DirectoryScanner affected
the runtime of the <sync> task considerably (<sync> needs to scan both
the source and the dest tree), but that probably was part of another
live of his.

Stefan