ant-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From IndianAtTech <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Ant 1.6.3 release candidate
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:39:32 GMT
As a user of Ant

My Vote is +1 to release new version

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:23:37 +0100, Stefan Bodewig <> wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Peter Reilly <> wrote:
> > Should we wait a few more days?
> Maybe yes.
> I do have a few bug assigned to me that I want to fix, basically
> javadoc and cvstagdiff.  The later will involve adding a new class and
> has the potential to cause trouble, so I'd feel more comfortable if we
> waited two more days (either I get things done until tomorrow evening
> my time, or I won't this week).
> And then I'm holding back two patches that I want to see confirmed
> before I merge them.  If we don't get confirmation, they'll stay in
> CVS HEAD - if we get confirmation that the nightly builds work, I
> don't have a problem with merging them between RC and final release.
> After that there will still be about ten or twenty reports that I
> could look into, but I should get real and say I won't manage to do so
> before 1.6.3.  If we want to get this ready by April, that is.
> Of the 260+ reports that are real bug reports (not enhancement
> requests), there are > 20 reports against optional SCM tasks nobody of
> us can test, > 20 reports against J2EE tasks for containers nobody of
> us uses and around 10 against jspc and ejbjar each, which I don't use
> and don't have the environment or knowledge to test either.
> And many reports are of the "really an enhancement request", "not
> really a bug" or "we should mark it as WONTFIX" category.
> Stefan
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail:
> For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message