ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Delete on exit attribute to <delete>
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 18:34:13 GMT
Peter Reilly wrote:
> Hi,
> I am adding a deleteonexit attribute to <delete>.
>
> attribute:  deleteonexit
>            If true, on failure to delete, note the error with a warning
> message and
>            call File#deleteOnExit()
>            causing the jvm to attempt to delete the file when the jvm
> process is exitting.
>            The warning message is "Failed to delete  <filename>, calling
> deleteOnExit".
>            The warning message will be suppressed with the "quiet" flag.
>
> Peter

+1. Good for windows. Maybe. Though windows really needs delete with
FILE_FLAG_DELETE_ON_RESTART to delete stuff when windows comes back up,
as that is the only way to manipulate a really busy file -and you cannot
do that from java (yet).

when classic delete fails, the error message may want to point people at
this new options