ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: polymorphism (was Re: antlib)
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 22:14:17 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:

> No need for parsing! Don't know about ClassLoader#getResources??? --DD

I meant "open the jar, read the entry". That requires a jar to exist - if
you want to package multiple libs in a jar, you need to merge the
descriptors ( will this allow multiple namespaces ? )

Some people consider even getRealPath() to be a bad thing because you access
the file system directly ( I disagree - but they have some points ).

Regarding getResources() - you can use it to get all META-INF/antlib.xml
that are visible in a certain loader. For example if you want to load all
the libraries. Again, using the filesystem directly is not perfect.

Costin